Sorry not to have posted too much today but I was still reeling in the shock of hearing about the loss of dear Glen Hansard so we will leave it here with a piece from James called ‘First Sleep'
Always welcome Dave - Glen’s work on his own is worth finding especially perhaps his second solo album ‘Didn’t he Ramble’ and The Frames I think you would enjoy (think they have six albums (oops Wiki list 9!) that I have and know of but they are a bit rockier than the more folkie solo work which won him his Oscar ‘Falling Slowly” from the Film ‘Once’ [2007]
Yes, sad to hear of Glens' passing (must admit I wasn't familiar with his work - except for the commitments). This is beautiful. Thanks Andy DD
ReplyDeleteAlways welcome Dave - Glen’s work on his own is worth finding especially perhaps his second solo album ‘Didn’t he Ramble’ and The Frames I think you would enjoy (think they have six albums (oops Wiki list 9!) that I have and know of but they are a bit rockier than the more folkie solo work which won him his Oscar ‘Falling Slowly” from the Film ‘Once’ [2007]
ReplyDelete