Pages

Monday, August 24, 2026

Bob Dylan - Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY, 6-13-2017 | ALBUMS THAT SHOULD EXIST


Bob Dylan - Capitol Theatre, Port Chester, NY, 6-13-2017

Paul says: Here's a really great find: Bob Dylan a soundboard concert from 2017! I only had three soundboard-level quality concert recordings from him prior to finding this one. (The others are one from 2009 and two from 2025, and I've already posted those at this blog.) This is from the Capitol Theater in Port Chester leak that happened in April 2026.

Actually, it's kind of from that. When that leak first emerged, this Dylan concert was listed, but the download link to it didn't work. That frustrated a lot of people, since it was the most desired one of all. It turns out this concert started to publicly circulate a month or two later, and missed it until now (August 2026). Better late than never.

The sound quality is excellent, and someone named Bennyboy remixed it. Note though that the sound is in mono, like nearly all the other bootlegs from that leak.

There's one thing I didn't like about this recording, though I'm not sure if it's what actually happened in the concert or was a limitation of the bootleg. That's the fact that there was usually only a second or two of applause between songs. I strongly suspect some of that applause was cut off, because it doesn't seem reasonable the band would play song after song with barely a pause. There was some applause near the end, so I patched in little bits between some of the other songs to give more reasonable breaks between songs. 

This concert took place during a time when Dylan released several albums of traditional pop standards from the pre-rock and roll era. First, he released "Shadows in the Night" in 2015, then "Fallen Angels" in 2016, and then "Triplicate" in 2017, which actually was a triple album. So he included some of these covers in this concert, though just a few. Here are the covers, with the original songwriters in parantheses: 

I Could Have Told You (Jimmy Oliver)  
Melancholy Mood (Vick R. Knight, Sr. & Walter Schumann) 
Stormy Weather (Harold Arlen & Ted Koehler)
All Or Nothing At All (Arthur Altman & Jack Lawrence) 
That Old Black Magic (Harold Arlen & Johnny Mercer)
Autumn Leaves (Joseph Kosma & Johnny Mercer)

Five more of the songs are originals from his 2012 album "Tempest." 

This album is an hour and 47 minutes long. 

01 Things Have Changed 
02 Don't Think Twice, It's All Right 
03 Highway 61 Revisited
04 Beyond Here Lies Nothin' 
05 I Could Have Told You 
06 Pay in Blood
07 Melancholy Mood
08 Duquesne Whistle 
09 Stormy Weather 
10 Tangled Up in Blue 
11 Early Roman Kings 
12 Spirit on the Water 
13 Love Sick 
14 All or Nothing at All 
15 Desolation Row 
16 Soon After Midnight 
17 That Old Black Magic 
18 Long and Wasted Years 
19 Autumn Leaves 
20 Blowin' in the Wind
21 Ballad of a Thin Man

The cover image is a concert from this exact concert. The original was rectangular in shape, like most posters. I was able to crop out some less essential parts at the top and the bottom. That included cutting out the name of the venue, which was in very big letters at the top. I put that information in small letters at the bottom instead. 

As Paul notes and I concur but Dylan ROIOs are a bit much of a muchness and I stopped sharing them especially any  that were less than soundboard ( a matrix notwithstanding) So this he notes is a rarity and we will see . . . . . . .

 I’m sorry for banging on but if you are a Bobby fan you REALLY need this magnificent ROIO from ATSE!. Staggering quality and my ROIO of the Day and No Mistake!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment