Pages

Friday, August 14, 2026

Yet Another Advert Break and PURCHASE of THE DAY! THEA GILMORE : Can You Hear The Ghosts Sing?

 Thea is a local gal and nothing wrong with that say her live in Oxford town and hey she was fab!



I was 7 months pregnant… somebody pressed record…

Twenty years ago I climbed onto a bus 7 months pregnant with my first kid and went on tour.


Every night, at roughly 9pm, the bump would obligingly shift sideways so I could get a guitar over it. He kept doing it for weeks after the tour had ended.

A professional from the very beginning.. 


It was 2006. Harpo’s Ghost had just come out and I was touring with a band, carrying an increasingly enormous future human around with me, singing these songs night after night.

And, wonderfully, somebody recorded us.

So…


CAN YOU HEAR THE GHOSTS SING? (VOL. 2) is here.


The second instalment in my little series of live recordings rescued from various corners of the past.

Listening back to this one was like finding an old box of photographs.. some you cringe at a bit and occasionally you see a face you’d rather not, but it’s a wonderful time capsule.


The songs are younger. I’m younger. You can hear the band breathing and stretching around the music, audiences in the room, mistakes, sparks, all the lovely untidy bits that disappear when you try to make music perfect.


A little ghost of who I was then, caught on tape.


There are only 1,000 physical copies of this one. Every CD is hand numbered and signed by me.


I gave my amazing Patreons first dibs last week and they’ve already bagged more than HALF of them. ❤️

I actually had to delay telling everybody else because I was sitting here, one woman surrounded by CDs, envelopes and labels, wondering what the hell I’d done. 😂

But I’ve caught up now, mostly! So the doors are officially OPEN.


AND while one version of me is busy packing up songs from twenty years ago, the current version has her head buried in something completely new.

The next Echo Line song is coming before the end of August and I cannot WAIT for you to hear it. It is huge and different and talks to a large chunk of messages that came through in the last round.


There is more Echo Line news coming too. Quite a lot more, actually… but that’s for another time.


Old songs coming back to life… New songs being born from strangers on a telephone line.


Twenty years between them.


Same person in the middle, still trying to make sense of being human by making songs about it.


I love this precarious life.


Can You Hear The Ghosts Sing? Vol. 2 is available NOW.


Once the physical copies are gone, they’re gone.


Come and find a ghost…


Love always

Thea xx



THEA GILMORE - Call Me Darling (album version 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment