Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

BIRTHDAYS: Route Books and Don’s Tunes remind us that it is Nick Cave’s birthday (69)

 Happy birthday to Nick Cave, born in Warracknabeal, Victoria, Australia on this day in 1957. As he kissed her goodbye, he said, 'All beauty must die.


May be an image of text

Happy 69th birthday to Nick Cave! 

"To write a song requires a reckoning. We roll up our sleeves and through rigorous application encounter the disastrous and mortifying condition of our interior selves. We exert poetic order upon the turmoil and chaos. We hew and hone and bring structure to the stricken heart; we codify our weary souls, giving form to the blues.

I must say that the blues informs everything. The blues is instilled in every musical cell that floats around your body."

Photo: Anton Corbijn


Nick and Kylie . . . .

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Stagger Lee (Glastonbury 2013)

again just from remembering that I collect versions of the song ‘Staggerlee’ I brought this to mind largely because of his extraordinary interactions with his audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment