Pages

▼

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Dylan of The Day : My Back Pages

 Ignoring the quality of the video check these live versions out . . . . . but BEST?

BOB DYLAN - MY BACK PAGES (SPECTACULAR)



Bob Dylan "My Back Pages" LIVE 23 Oct 1998 Minneapolis

Both promoted as the BEST versions!?

My Choice?

Alrighty then



My Back Pages - 
Bob Dylan The 30th Anniversary Concert Celebration
1992


Bob Dylan- My Back Pages
Courtesy Of Woolhall

Bob Dylan -vocal, guitar, & harmonica
John Jackson - guitar
Bucky Baxter - pedal steel guitar
Brendan O’Brien - keyboards
Tony Garnier - bass
Winston Watson - drums & percussion




or dare I?




Crimson flames tied through my ears, 
rollin' high and mighty traps Pounced with fire on flaming roads 
using ideas as my maps "We'll meet on edges, soon, " said I, 
proud 'neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth, 
"rip down all hate, " I screamed Lies that life is black and white 
spoke from my skull, I dreamed Romantic facts of musketeers
foundationed deep, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now Girls' faces formed the forward path 
from phony jealousy To memorizing politics 
of ancient history Flung down by corpse evangelists, 
unthought of, though somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now
A self-ordained professor's tongue 
too serious to fool Spouted out that liberty
is just equality in school "Equality, " I spoke the word
as if a wedding vow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand 
at the mongrel dogs who teach Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
in the instant that I preach My existence led by confusion boats, 
mutiny from stern to bow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now Yes, my guard stood hard when 
abstract threats too noble to neglect Deceived me into thinking 
I had something to protect Good and bad, I define these terms 
quite clear, no doubt, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then I'm younger than that now

No comments:

Post a Comment