Pages

Tuesday, September 01, 2026

NAT MYERS - Young Mind Old Soul [SINGLE OF THE WEEK MONTH? SEPT)

 A heart wrenching message from our Nat (Myers that its) and letting us know some days just be like . . . . . . .well this . . . but he just keeps right on singin’!


I asked Nat if it was okay to post this and responded to his recent post on Flickennabok and he said 'you bin with me from the early days' and 'you don’t need too ask'
in reponse to my hearfelt response to yesterdays missive he called me “brother!”
So proud and it nearly brough a tear to my eye

Soldier on lil Brother Nat

Nat posted "One of those days you wake up tired like you stepping on a trapdoor in the floor of your bones. A loneliness aches in you like an old companion that won’t stop knocking on your door. You break your own heart, frustrated at your circumstances, envisioning the light and life you wanted vs the dark inertias you currently wade. But every day you get stronger, even with death sitting like a wolf in the shade of your heart, even when your eyes have difficulty making sense of the shadows that dog your path. Don’t be like me, sinking into yourself, wading in your woebegone-ness, feeling like you witnessing life go on without me. I know it well. Watching love move on from this minefield kind of living. I make mine my enemies, and deny the better parts of us. Is it any better to recognize it, if the agony sustains?
Today I woke up with a punch in my gut. I get asked all the time what the end goal of this is for me. Music, cancer—hell I ain’t too sure. I know my hearse will cut a lonesome figure headed to my grave. I know there’s work left to do. I know there is music and living left to know. Even with the pain, these days and struggles that nearly drive me to my early death—I survive em, and try to transfigure this heartbreak into something more than just its passing pain—as for me I'm glad & hopeful you will never know what im going thru, or talkin about. but i promise yal, despite these things, im still sitting on top of the world. #folkblues #deltablues #sittingontopoftheworld


No comments:

Post a Comment