again as a precocious teen I think an early purchase was an EP with Jimmy’s Big Boss Man on it which I loved and thought one of the greatest songs ever written and applied to every job I EVER had! (Still do - True now and true then!)
Remembering the great Jimmy Reed (September 6, 1925 – August 29, 1976)
Keith Richards: I love Jimmy Reed, a unique sound. There are thousands and thousands of Blues players out there and to find a unique sound and a way to play it is an extra touch of genius. Jimmy Reed had it.The list of artists who have recorded Reed’s songs or claimed to be influenced by him is quite staggering. They include Elvis Presley (Big Boss Man, Baby, What You Want Me To Do), The Rolling Stones (Ain’t That Lovin’ You Baby, The Sun Is Shining, Bright Lights, Big City, Shame, Shame, Shame), The Yardbirds, Van Morrison, Grateful Dead, Wishbone Ash, The Steve Miller Band and last but not least, Bob Dylan, who wrote the song Goodbye Jimmy Reed as a tribute to the legendary bluesman.Photo by Michael Ochs Archives
Jimmy Reed with Eddie Taylor - Big Boss Man
No comments:
Post a Comment