Wilson Pickett 'Hey Jude' (Feat. Duane Allman
Duane Allman and Wilson Pickett quickly hit it off and Allman suggested they record the just released ‘Hey Jude’ which was climbing the charts and rapidly becoming one of The Beatles’ biggest hits. They recorded ‘Hey Jude’ on the first take and it seems Allman’s conviction that the track would work and become a hit in its own right was correct.
The 'Hey Jude’ session catapulted Allman into the limelight such that Eric Clapton upon hearing the track demanded to know who the guitarist was.
He said “I remember hearing Wilson Pickett’s 'Hey Jude’ and just being astounded by the lead break at the end. I had to know who that was immediately - right now.”
From there Allman went on to record with Derek & the Dominos playing alongside Clapton on the definitive 'Layla’ -Clapton’s paen of unrequited love to George Harrison’s ex-wife Patti Boyd.
I don’t hear it for one but what do you think? Sounds really quite ordinary to me . . . .repetitive and a little dull to be honest
No comments:
Post a Comment