Pages

▼

Friday, October 09, 2026

Birthdays: JOHN LENNON

 May be an image of text

Remembering John Lennon (9 October 1940 – 8 December 1980)

"I grew up with blues music, country and western music which is also a big thing in Liverpool. One of the first visions I had was one of a fully dressed cowboy in the middle of Liverpool with his Hawaiian guitar, you know? That’s the first time I ever saw a guitar in my life. He had the full gear on.

The first music I got hooked on was blues. My earliest influences – the first black music I heard – was Leadbelly, Robert Johnson, Sleepy John Estes, people like that. From that I went into Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry and the early R&B artists, whether they were rhythm and blues or rock ’n’ roll or whatever you’d call it then. It wasn’t until the Sixties that we discovered B. B. King and Albert King."

Source: John Lennon's official website

Photo: Bob Gruen See less

Don's Tunes

THE BEATLES : BIRTHDAY (remastered 2009)

feat. Ritchie on my favourite drum solo!

No comments:

Post a Comment