Pages

▼

Sunday, October 04, 2026

William Haid - "Shim-Sha-Wabble"-"I'll See You in My Dreams”

William Haid - "Shim-Sha-Wabble"-"I'll See You in My Dreams”
Some great Jazz banjo by William Haid, banjo player of the Coon Sanders* Orchestra, on the short lived autograph label, the first US label to record electrically with a microphone. Notice how his name is misspelled as Willian
Bill Haid plays "Shimmie-Sha-Wabble" and "I'll See You In My Dreams" on his Ludwig Banjo. Recorded: Chicago 1925 at Orlando Marsh's Autograph studio.

* please note The Coon Sanders Orchestra were named after Coon-Sanders Original Nighthawk Orchestra was the first Kansas City jazz band to achieve national recognition, which it acquired through national radio broadcasts. It was founded in 1918, as the Coon-Sanders Novelty Orchestra, by drummer Carleton Coon and pianist Joe Sanders.[both white men and no racial slur is intended, or indeed was, back in the 1920s either)

78 rpm records & cylinders fan group

No comments:

Post a Comment