I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Friday, August 07, 2026

Blondie - Paradise Ballroom, Boston, MA, 11-4-1978 | Albums That Should Exist

Blondie - Paradise Ballroom, Boston, MA, 11-4-1978

Paul says: Here's an excellent concert by Blondie. I've posted a couple of Blondie concerts, but I've been wanting to post another from earlier in their career. (The earliest one I've posted is from late 1979.) 

This is arguably when they were at their peak. Their most acclaimed album is "Parallel Lines," released in September 1978. So this was part of the tour to promote that album. "Parallel Lines" has been widely acclaimed as one of the best albums of all time. For instance, Rolling Stone has put it in their list of the top 500 albums of all time, at No. 146 in their most recent list (as of 2020). NME magazine has gone even higher, putting it at 45 on their list of the top 500 albums of all time.

I believe this comes from an FM radio broadcast, so the sound quality is excellent. One problem though was that the lead vocals were too low in the mix. So I fixed that with the use of the MVSEP audio editing program.

This concert is unreleased.  

This album is an hour and three minutes long. 

Any excuse to feature this track mostly because of the drummer! R.I.P Clem Burke!

01 talk by emcee
02 In the Sun 
03 talk 
04 X Offender 
05 Hanging on the Telephone 
06 Detroit 442 
07 talk 
08 Fan Mail 
09 Picture this 
10 11-59 
11 talk 
12 Pretty Baby
13 [I'm Always Touched by Your] Presence Dear 
14 Sunday Girl 
15 Denis 
16 I'm on E 
17 talk
18 Will Anything Happen
19 Fade Away and Radiate 
20 One Way or Another 
21 Youth Nabbed as Sniper
22 Heart of Glass 
23 Bang a Gong [Get It On] 

(all tracks Blondie) 



Blondie Live on TOTP 1978 - Denis
Blondie - I’m Always Touched By Your Presence Dear

No comments: