|
What I think of as pop music is broadly defined. Some songs are, by consensus, mainstream, but even some of those often push at the edges. Others take the format, length and shape of pop songs, but to my ears they don’t sound anything like the ones considered more mainstream. That said, they’re all equal in my book, I don’t think of any of them as inside or outside - as I’ve seen those definitions change with plenty of exceptions that prove the rules are meant to be broken.
I’m still on tour. As of August 1, we’ll have about 1 ½ months to go. It will be a year total. It’s a long one, but it’s going extremely well and the general vibe among the band and crew is, amazingly, still good.
The whole band has folding bikes that we travel with- if I have an afternoon off I’ll often go for a ride to clear my head, and if I’m on my own and it’s a secure path or not a busy road… I’ll listen to this playlist.
- David Byrne
Listen to this month's playlist on: Apple Music: Click Here Mixcloud (free streaming): Click Here |
My new book SLEEPING BEAUTIES is out Oct 6th! Uncover how breakthroughs across the arts and sciences get forgotten, and how they get rediscovered... |
|
Check out the new tour dates HERE (New NYC, LA, ASIA, MEXICO dates added) |
|
My new album "Who Is The Sky?" is now available on all streaming platforms - LISTEN HERE |
|





No comments:
Post a Comment