I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Saturday, August 22, 2026

Kelly Boesch - Final Departure (latest video film)

I think the issue I have with AI (amongst many; expense, water usage scaremongering conspiracy theories notwithstanding) is that it can sound awful samey when people make music and videos with certain AI tools . . . now I have mention this with Kelley Boesch’s work before and the fact she chooses a particular voice and the visuals tend towards being merely surreal for surrealism's sake gives me doubts . . . .BUT then she goes and does this, genuine emotive nuances about grief and loss and what it is to clear out some belongings of those who may have died or left us threw me another curved ball . . . . this could be a film?! Is it?


I will call it ‘Final Departure' as Kelly doesn’t title it and the last section is called that . . . . 


No comments: