Someone on Tumblr threw this up on my algorithm!
(I know I got a cloth!)
"Stay" by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories hit the Billboard number one spot on August 6, 1994. "It had been a hit on the radio for months at this point, but had a slow climb to the top spot. It was released in February of that year as the lead single from the Reality Bites soundtrack. I honestly despise that movie, but this single is great.”
"My friend Alice and I went to see the movie and we both hated it; in the span of time between the movie coming out and the single finally claiming number one, I graduated high school and was burning myself out working at Target and trying to decide what to do next. I remember hearing this song a lot back then, and this year is probably how I remember the 90s the most. This song was the perfect song at the perfect moment.
Lisa Loeb was discovered by her neighbor and friend Ethan Hawke, who recommended the song to Ben Stiller for the movie, and who directed the video.
Terrible movie, timeless song.” sorry missed your name but if you get in touch I will credit your comments meanwhile thank you in absentia!
No comments:
Post a Comment