I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Friday, August 07, 2026

THE HOLMES BROTHERS - SO MANY ROADS | A SPEEDY SPECIAL

Speedy dropped by to mention his following of The Holmes Brothers who we played earlier and he has several really noteworthy recordings over at his base camp that won’t disappoint. Not least for a couple with Joan Osbourne.

Speedy says:

The Holmes Brothers here at So Many Roads: For those of you unfamiliar with them, the New York Times described the band as playing “Timeless, deeply soulful and uplifting gospel-drenched blues, street corner doo-wop, ballads, R&B, country and funk. “ In the late 1980s. I got to see the Holmes Brothers several times in small nigh clubs in New York City, and trust me they are everything the Times says and then some. I was always amazed by their version of The Beatles tune “And I Love Her”, totally reworking it and making it their own. This soundboard recording captures The Holmes Brothers on April 12, 2001, 14 years ago today, in Canada. Download this one, and while you listen, pay close attention to And I Her Love as it may take you a minute to recognize it. And then go here to read more about this fine band. 

 https://so-many-roads-boots.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Holmes%20Brothers 

https://www.theholmesbrothers.com








Enjoy!

I did!

No comments: