portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, June 02, 2017

CHUMBAWAMBA!

ongoing series of singles I bought when they came out and this was following my being turned onto their album 'Anarchy' by a guy at Blackwell's book chain who had the album and taped it for me. He was an odd fish and like many folk in bookselling an intellectual nerd but this was his tour de force in terms of turning me on to music I hadn't heard and that album was on my player for ages. Quite obsessed I bought every album after this . . . . . . their EP triggered to become active upon Thatcher's death remains a coup de grace or stroke of genius and though many complained, I agreed with them. This is what the right wing will always be up against! "I get knocked down . . . . " also seems anti-alcohol abuse which I approve of . . . . . . 

Chumbawumba - Tubthumping

14,138 plays

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You’re never gonna keep me down

TURN IT UP! REAL LOUD! 

No comments: