portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Sir Paul McCartney turns 75 today - born in 1942 in Liverpool, England. He is a two-time inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the recipient of 21 Grammys. His Beatles song "Yesterday" is one of the most covered songs in musical history, and he has written over 30 No. 1 songs in his life.
"Every time I come to write a song," says McCartney, "there's this magic little thing where I go, 'Ooh, ooh, it's happening again.' I just sit down at the piano and go, 'Oh my God, I don't know this one,' and suddenly there's a song."
 When he was 14, his mother died of an embolism. This led to his deep connection with John Lennon, whose mother had also died when he was a teenager


Paul & Linda @ Mardis Gras 1975
I was late posting as there was so much horror on the tv I quite forgot to post any silliness of fun, celebrating Sir Paul's birthday and I have said else where on previous posts in what high regard I hold him and it seemed significant his birthday should fall on Father's Day.
"They say it's your birthday . . . . . . "

No comments: