I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Calexico - Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, USA 2008 | Albums That Should Exist

 Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 8-3-2008 - Calexico

Paul says: Here's another album from the 2008 Newport Folk Festival. This time, it's a set by the band Calexico. Keep in mind I don't know the order of appearance of most of the musical acts, so these are being posted in no special order, other than the festival dates. This is the second one I'm posting of the third day of the festival.

This is the first album I've posted by Calexico. But I've also promised myself to keep the write-ups for these festivals short, so here's their Wikipedia page if you want to know more:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calexico_(band)

All the songs are originals, with the exceptions of "Alone Again Or" by Love and "Goin' to Acapulco," by Bob Dylan and the Band. For the latter, they were joined by Jim James, the lead vocalist for My Morning Jacket.

This album is 54 minutes long.

01 All the Pretty Horses - Frontera - Trigger
02 talk 
03 Across the Wire
04 talk 
05 Not Even Stevie Nicks 
06 Woven Birds 
07 talk 
08 Two Silver Trees 
09 talk 
10 Inspiracion
11 Slowness 
12 Alone Again Or 
13 talk 
14 Going to Acapulco (Calexico with Jim James)
15 talk 
16 Crystal Frontier 
17 Guero Canelo 
18 talk by emcee 

amazingly enough another new one for Paul and I don’t think we have posted any Calexico for an age so this will be nice I reckon 

No comments: