Newport Folk Festival, Fort Adams State Park, Newport, RI, 8-2-2008 - The Cowboy Junkies
Paul says: (edited) Here's another album from the 2008 Newport Folk Festival. This time, it's a set by the Cowboy Junkies.
As I said in my previous write-up, I'm going to try to keep these write-ups short for the festival. But since I haven't posted anything from this band before, I have to say I'd thought this band was a one-trick pony, playing all their songs in a slow, sleepy style. But I was pleasantly surprised that there was a good amount of musical variety here, and even some rocking at times.
This album is 53 minutes long.
01 Miles from Our Home
02 I Don't Get It
03 talk
04 Follower 2
05 My Little Basquait
06 Those Final Feet
07 Just Want to See
08 Working on a Building
09 Good Friday
10 talk
11 Murder Tonight in the Trailer Park
(all tracks Cowboy Junkies)
The cover photo of the band's Margo Timmins is from this exact concert.
I have edited Paul's entry here as he didn’t know Cowboy Junkies so posted info and wikipedia profile links. Unnecessary here but if you too don’t know them I really don’t know where ya bin and we have posted frequently covers songs from the band who we adore here at the Mansions
Cowboy Junkies Live in Liverpool Sun Comes Up It's Tuesday Morning 2004

No comments:
Post a Comment