portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, October 12, 2008

So this is some week......I am minded to add a poem and as of late 'the blog which no-one reads' has been rather cluttered with rants and textbased ravings I feel the need to add some visuals.

However first things first and my dear friend Stephen 's mother 'Mutti", Maria Dolores Blackman, the extraordinary 'Lola' to most of us 'friends' that knew her, has passed away after the most extraordinary struggle; bed ridden for what seems like over ten years and ruling us all from her bed with her own unique perceptions and views upon us and the world around her. I am fortunate to be in touch with Stephen's equally wonderful father, Alan and he sent me this a reminder of a poet I did not know but who we had discussed and Alan minded to me that this below was one of his favourites. It seem aposite and timely and I hope in keeping with others' memorial to a truly unique individual


LAMENT

So to the elements return. Be free.
The life you sought in vain you now must part.
Your path lies over the dark syllabic sea,
May my grief be a star to your wandering heart

Those sweet roses you shall never find,
Already the time has come to re-embark,
Life must remain an undreamt dream in your mind.
My words are fingers groping in the dark.

May your memory in these words remain,
Like sea's sprung rhythms in the empty shell.
The wheel of fate and birth has turned again.
So to the elements return. Fare well.

For the seas you sail I know no chart.
May my love be a star to your wandering heart.



Patrick Bridgwater
Maria Dolores 'Lola' Blackman 1924 - 2008

No comments: