portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, June 28, 2013

ANOTHER FLEETWOOD MAC!

Yes another early and from my favourite period of the Fleetwood Mac boys, over on Big O, my favourite line up, well sort of, the cover is totally misleading but is Peter G, Danny K, Mick F and John McVie you can hear Peter apologise for the absence of Jeremy Spencer who was about to disappear into the sect/cult that was The Children of God. For me, had he been there and with the staggering, uniquely beautiful voice of Christine McVie, you would have had my perfect line up i.e. pre-Yanks! Couldn't stand what they became and, know I am out on a limb on this, one but Albatross, Green Manalishi, Black Magic Woman era is for me . . . . . despite my affection for Mick F all the way through . . . . . . .on a personal note I grew up with all my happiest childhood days holidaying with my grandparents in Fleetwood, Lancashire which is what turned me onto them . . . . ha ha . . . . . .(that's a joke! . . . don't you just hate folks who feel they have to explain their jokes . . . . . it usually means they're not funny ED) Still loving Peter Green! Check this 40 year old gem! Quality is not exactly soundboard but as good as the period pieces get, I reckon. Also it is from the Master collector who is and shall ever be know as Linkin Park Mark. The Legend!


Enjoy!

No comments: