portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, March 07, 2015

 Johnny Flynn


Just noticed that theme tune by Johnny Flynn to the wonderful "Dectectorists' series by Mackenzie Crook and staring he and Toby Jones is back available on youtube I urge everyone to buy it, to buy his album and to download or get the DVD of the TV show . . . . . .


Johnny Flynn - The Dectectorists

I posted a version of 'Water' with Laura Marling when the 'Dectectorists' TV series started so here's another version  . . . . .

I feel ashamed to say I didn't know Johnny's work when I first heard the theme and like the 'Wilful Missing' band I came across them/him through my telebox and nothing wrong with that! I thought Johnny reminded me of Nic Jones and his voice and guitar made me sit up and take notice, mesmerised me and fascinated all that the same time . . . had to check him out from that haunting voice and what do ya know?! Here's another youngster restoring one's faith that music especially that of one voice and guitar, will never die . . . . . .  keep carrying the torch young man!

Peerless stuff IMHO


The Dectectorists (theme) The Line of Best Fit
Love it!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/id821034898
The Album 'Country Mile' on iTunes here

Johnny Flynn web



No comments: