portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, October 08, 2016

GEORGE BARRIS 


One of the finest photographers of Marilyn Monroe has passed away last Friday he was 94


















About Marilyn Monroe:
“At the Santa Monica beach we did pictures together all day long, constantly, and it was getting late in the afternoon and the sun had gone down and it was getting windy and she was at the last moment getting very exhausted and tired and she said, ‘George, I hope this can be the last picture’ and I said, ‘I promise it is’. She was dressed in her sweater and she had a little blanket covering her legs, she leaned forward, puckered her lips and she blew a kiss to me and she said, ‘This is just for you’. I’ll never forget this day as long as I live.” -George Barris

No comments: