portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Tuesday, January 03, 2017

CARRIE FISHER


I wasn't what you would call a Star Wars fan (calm down everyone, it's not a crime!) and I wasn't really aware of any allure Princess Leia had but 'Postcards From The Edge' blew me away and I took note, I liked Carrie Fisher, here was a woman with a wit and a brain that possessed a great sense of humour as evidenced by her last appearances in 'The Big Bang Theory' and 'Catastrophe' with Sharon Horgan and regular guest spots on QI. She seemed also to have struggled with her addictions and mental wellbeing and I could empathise with her somehow. Sympathise too as a therapist I took this as a wonderful sense of self deprecating self awareness. I take some comfort in that she seems to have had a helluva lot of fun especially towards the end of her quite extraordinary life. She will be missed I know







No comments: