portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, March 24, 2018

SYLVIA PLATH






I found these surfing the web. Plath could draw. Indeed as far as I'm concerned it would appear she could draw better than she could write! (contentious! - ED) Who knew?! 
Not me!

I have further notes to add on the subject of Plath and am disappointed in my more mature years to discover I have fallen out with some previously admired female writers. Not least Plath, whose self absorbed ego driven doggerel is vastly over rated (nearly as bad as her husband's) and am shocked to discover it also includes Susan Sontag. Sontag previously a hero with 'On Photography' but I have reassessed these people modernists as were with a more critical and less awestruck dispassionate eye with the advance of old age. About both and others, there is more to come. Bet you can't wait!? (who ARE you talking to? - ED)

No comments: