portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, October 05, 2019

PAUL BRADY

Paul Brady is one of my favourite singer songwriters and I like to keep in touch with his website to see what he is up to. He has performed many of my favourite songs of all time and to pay respects to my Irish roots (on my mother's side of the family) this song stirs me in ways I can only guess at the origins thereof; injustice, revenge and the oppression of one folk by another . . . . a cracking tale and though it may have touch of the blarney about it, I choose to believe it is true and while wishful thinking it may be, I believe it happened this way . . . . . . 





and I will bid you 'Goodnight' with this one . . . . . . . 



a personally favourite performance I just can't resist posting this every time I hear it

No comments: