portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, May 27, 2020


Front Room Festival II

I had wanted to be able to post what I thought of as my choice of highlights but here's the whole thing and use the guidelines to select the performance you wish to revisit . . . . .see below



I may have said but highlights for me and if you haven't seen them Chris Wood, O'Hooley and Tidow, Kathryn Tickell, John Smith, 'As We Go' The Unthanks' film, Kate Rusby and Damien O'Kane, Johnny Flynn (& family!), Eliza Carthy, Richard Thompson (with Zara Phillips) and the close


I had to catch up with some and the Kate Rusby is a rare spectacular treat from their recording studio the sound is perfect and Kate's voice (and humour) on fine peerless form. Johnny Flynn's section I could watch over and over as it is delightful and he dissembles somewhat with his none techno apparent clumsiness and the wandering in and out of his children which is a true delight and hysterically funny to one of the finest singer songwriters we have IMHO.





UPDATE: As the fundraiser heads toward £80,000 I noticed this list of timings on the YouTube page and hope they work. I keep revisiting several but mostly Kate Rusby and Damien (what a fine guitarist he is!) the delightful Chris Woods in his garden and shed, Johnny Flynn and his adorable children (and his sister!) on backing vocals from Wales!!!) and his lyrics are fascinating me of late (quite mysterious and darker than one might think) and of course it almost goes without saying Richard Thompson (and his partner Zara)

Folk on Foot Front Room Festival II webpoge Timings: 00:00:00 Opening 00:04:04 Chris Wood 00:37:05 O’Hooley and Tidow 01:11:16 Gwilym Bowen Rhys 01:42:03 Kathryn Tickell 02:11:45 Cara Dillon and Sam Lakeman 02:44:40 Duncan Chisholm 03:11:00 Kitty Macfarlane 03:42:13 Rioghnach Connolly and Ellis Davies 04:22:08 John Smith 04:53:23 “As We Go” – a film by the Unthanks 05:23:20 Frank Turner and Jess Guise 05:52:54 Kate Rusby and Damien O’Kane 06:27:32 Johnny Flynn 06:58:19 Eliza Carthy Part 1 07:27:38 Richard Thompson and Zara Phillips 07:51:50 Eliza Carthy Part 2

2 comments:

Jobe said...

One day and nothing new I can understand, but two days away from this GREAT BLOG and I start to worry.

Andy Swapp said...

BRILLIANT! So funny! Thanks Jobe for dropping by. Always appreciated, to be honest I have been either revisiting this lot posted under the Front Room Folk Festival or checking those I missed. Did you check any out they are phenomenal! THere's practically 8 hours of it!
Anyway thanks my man and gotta go head over to Voodoo Wagon and the FBS to see what's happening!