portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Kate Rusby to wish you a Good Night . . . . .

KATE RUSBY - UNTIL MORNING

Good night . . . . . . . . . .

KATE RUSBY

'Until Morning' another track from Philosophers, Poets and Kings to wend you on your way to dreamland . . . . . .


In the deepest, darkest hour Where the strongest soul will cower And it feels like it's so long till morning I know your weary head needs rest And we both know you've done your best So I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning I know the world's been cruel of late And your heart can't bear the weight And it feels like it's so long till morning But together we are bound So I will keep you safe and sound And I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning Don't worry, let the night go drifting by And tomorrow you can fly In the dark night you are lost Counting stars to count the cost And it feels like it's so long till morning So I will catch the moon's bright beams To guide you gently through your dreams And I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning When there's stillness all around And your heart's a deafening sound And it feels like it's so long till morning I will stay with you, old friend So you can heal and you can mend And I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning Don't worry, let the night go drifting by And tomorrow you will fly Now it's time to make your peace Into the night your fears release And it feels like it's so long till morning And we will claim the night for ours And we won't see the dark for stars And I'll hold your hand Until the day comes dawning Don't worry, let the night go drifting by And tomorrow you will fly And tomorrow you will fly


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Some more? . . . . . I think so . . . . . . . . .

For THE HUSKAR PIT DISASTER 1838

KATE RUSBY

 

 This song was written by Kate to commemorate the 180th anniversary of the Huskar Pit Disaster where 26 children aged from 7-17 from a local village lost their lives. 

Filmed and recorded with 15 boys and 11 girls aged 7-17 from Barnsley Youth Choir. 

The Huskar Pit Memorial 





No comments: