portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, November 27, 2023

Affirmation of the Day (week? month, moment?) :: Rachael Schroeder & Patrick Rundblad : I am Already Enough

 Fearless Soul - I am already enough . . . . . . 


Now I come from a place of recovery where positive affirmations were taken somewhat for granted, each place I worked had a morning salutation and affirmation and a Thought For The Day often on a chalk board for those suffering the affects of addiction and reaquainting people with the notion of their worth, sometimes for the first time ever.

These may clash and cloy at times but the music of this song and Rachael’s voice struck me . . . . . . . if you need to hear a positive affirmation that you ARE enough and sufficient unto the tasks ahead of you then play this . . . . . 

It comes from someone seemingly affected by the teachings of a Hindu monk or sanyāsī, sādhu, or swāmi and in the case here someone called Sadhguru from the Isha Foundation. Now gurus make me nervous not to say extremely suspicious for good reason from all my dealings from Maharaj Ji and The Divine Light, the scoundrel Baghwan Shree Rajneesh [Osho!?so renamed and not to be confused with anyone else including famous mystic poets with that name!!?] and even the seemingly more benign Maharishi Yogi beloved of the Beatles (for a minute or three) even others who claimed to offer enlightenment for a dollar or two (scientology anyone!?) these are almost always and to a man run by scoundrels ne’er-do-wells and conmen. . . . the sentiments expressed here appear to be genuine and ask for nothing but your listening. The notion that you already possess enough to achieve all you need is one I related to . . . . . just remember Bob Dylan’s memorable guidance ‘don’t follow leaders, watch the pawking meters . . . . . "

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


More Fearless Soul you can listen to every day: Apple Music/iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/artist/fearl... Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0w4xM... AmazonMusic: https://geni.us/FearlessSoul


Written and Performed by Rachael Schroeder for Fearless Soul: https://www.rachaelschroeder.com/   / rachaelschroeder     / rachaelschroedervocals   MUSIC composed by Patrick Rundblad: https://open.spotify.com/artist/59ocW...
"I was searching, I was looking for meaning I was wandering, desperately trying Only to see I have nothing missing Who said who said I have to find who I am Who said who said that I am lost to begin with I am already enough, everything I need is within me Each morning when I wake up, I’m grateful for the beauty around me Life is a gift I wanna enjoy it Always proving my worth only destroys it I am already enough, everything I need is within me My motivation can’t be validation, I’d always be starving For more affection, the wrong attention Only to feel like I am nothing"


 

No comments: