I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Friday, July 24, 2026

Ride - Like A Daydream (1990) | Guess I’m Dumb

Peel Session 1990

Ride Like A Daydream (1990)

"I’m not a big fan of Ride, but they have a couple of songs that I really love (Twisterella as well). Perhaps it sounds a bit like Teenage Fanclub, but I also like to think it’s a bit like the Byrds with a Shoegaze update.” Guess I’m Dumb

I may be a bigger Ride fan and they have oodles of local connections and the bass player [Steve] worked with pals in local record shops here in Oxford Town and everybody liked him although painfully shy seemingly I just thought he hated me (sic!) . . . shoe gazing? OKAY!? And? . . . . . . . . .I love this track [Maybe I’m not so Dumb!?]

I wish that life could be just like a photograph
One moment captured as you laugh your perfect laugh

ride that facebook

Ride's second video, taken from the "Play" EP on Creation Records, 1989

No comments: