I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Monday, August 10, 2026

Suzanne Vega - Cover Versions, Volume 2: 1997-2022 | ALBUMS THAT SHOULD EXIST

 Suzanne Vega - Cover Versions, Volume 2: 1997-2022

Paul says: Here's the second and final volume of cover versions performed by Suzanne Vega. As I mentioned in my write-up for Volume 1, she's very rarely put any covers on her studio albums, but she's done some in concerts and in non-album projects. This completes all the ones I could find.

Most of the songs here are officially released. But there are four unreleased ones: "Blowin' in the Wind," "The Man Who Sold the World," "Femme Fatale," and "Dreaming." All of those come from concert bootlegs.

As for the officially released ones, three of them - "Behind Blue Eyes," "Solitaire," and "Have You Met Miss Jones" - are from a DVD called "Live at Montreux 2004." Three more are from a rarities album simply called "Rarities." That leaves three songs, which are from different "various artists" compilations.

By the way, in late 2025, Vega released a new studio album, "Flying with Angels." I think it's very good. If you haven't given it a listen yet, you should. I've been wanting to post a concert of her performing songs from that album, but I haven't come across anything with worthy sound quality yet. 

This album is 42 minutes long. 

01 Coventry Carol
02 Erie Canal (Suzanne Vega with Dan Zanes)
03 Behind Blue Eyes 
04 Solitaire
05 Have You Met Miss Jones 
06 Blowin' in the Wind (Vanessa Paradis & Suzanne Vega)
07 The Man Who Played God (Sparklehorse with Suzanne Vega)
08 Streets of Laredo 
09 Femme Fatale
10 Walk on the Wild Side
11 Dopamine (Mitchell Froom with Suzanne Vega)
12 The Man Who Sold the World 
13 Dreaming

 (all tracks Suzanne Vega except where noted otherwise) 

No comments: