LIZ PHAIR
I know that I don’t always realize
how sleazy it is messing with these guys
but something about just being with you
slapped me right in the face, nearly broke me in two
it’s a mark I’ve taken heart
and I know I will carry it with me for a long, long time
I don’t know if I could drive a car
fast enough to get to where you are
or wild enough not to miss the boat completely
honey, I’m thinking maybe
you know, just maybe
I don’t know if I could fly a plane
well enough to tail spin out your name
or high enough to lose control completely
honey, I’m thinking maybe
you know, just maybe
Alice does it again and posts a song by someone I like but hadn’t heard . . . this is the great Liz Phair
Liz Phair at The Lilith Fair
No comments:
Post a Comment