Gregson & Collister - BBC Sessions, Volume 1: 1985-1989
Here's a link to that other volume, so you hopefully don't get even more confused by having two BBC albums by this duo called "Volume 1."
https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/2026/09/gregson-collister-bbc-sessions-volume-1.html
Anyway, that 1985 session mentioned above opens this album with two songs, and it's a very interesting one. I'm pretty sure it was recorded (for the BBC TV show "Old Grey Whistle Test") before Gregson and Collister officially became a duo with that song. Instead, they were members of Richard Thompson's backup band, and those two songs were performed by that band, including some nice lead guitar interplay between Gregson and Thompson.
Tracks 3 through 8 comes from a 1988 BBC "In Concert" radio broadcast. I put it here instead of making a separate volume for it because it's only 20 minutes long. It happens to contain "Home Is Where the Heart Is," which also was played in the 1985 session discussed in the previous paragraph. I changed the song order some so those two versions wouldn't be so close to each other.
Tracks 9 through 11 are from a 1989 BBC studio session. I don't know anything about it except it's supposed to be dated March 3, 1989. If anyone knows more, please let me know.
The remaining tracks, 12 through 18, are from another 1989 BBC studio session. More details can be seen in the mp3 tags.
I believe everything here is unreleased. The sound quality is excellent.
This album is an hour and two minutes long.
01 Home Is Where the Heart Is (Gregson & Collister with Richard Thompson)
02 Open Fire (Gregson & Collister with Richard Thompson)
03 This Tender Trap
04 You Rascal You
05 I Specialise
06 talk
07 How Weak I Am
08 Home Is Where the Heart Is
09 Blues on the Run
10 Everybody Cheats on You
11 This Is the Deal
12 Blessing in Disguise
13 Trying to Get You
14 The Minute You're Gone
15 talk
16 Here I Go Again
17 talk
18 I Shake
(all tracks Gregson & Collister except where noted)

No comments:
Post a Comment