portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Here's a little gobbit of joy....it's a long story but I browsed the Beefheart site the other day and found a comment asking if the Andy Swapp on there was me [it is!?] from a lovely guy I was at school with. One Michael Bristow and he was an influence on my musical tastes all those years ago ( some Forty plus!) He introduced me to an album called 'Safe As Milk' and bands like Frank Zappa, Clear Light etc etc and I haven't been the same since. It's his fault I went to see the Doors in 68 ['69 ED] at the Roundhouse! So I googled him (its relatively painless I am assured. ED) and found some Youtube entries, decded it must be him & dropped the guy a line and found out it was him and we have hooked up via the t'internet....ain't this an amazing place?

So here's Mike doing a lovely arrangement of the Beatles 'I Will' that I dedicate to my daughter, Amy & her boyfriend, singer songwriter and Beatle nut bar none, Rob Power, and doing another lovely version of Clarence White of The Byrds' fame's 'Nashville West'.......on the Ukulele!
I kid you not! This last one for Byrds fan par excellence, Dave Seal and for his keeping in touch with his kind words an all at this difficult time for me

Mike does The Beatles 'I Will'



The Byrds 'Nashville West' by Mike Bristow



Can ya diggit?
I think you can.....mo' later everybody peeps


Peace out,
Swappers

2 comments:

sealy said...

Thank you kind sir .That is absolutely lovely!!

Amy said...

Look at that mac! That's awesome! Xxx