portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, June 19, 2011


One for 'Bob' who asked about my Harmony geetars and linked me to a nice Ry Cooder page about the making of the film 'Buena Vista Social Club' 'Paris Texas' (ooops, what a plum! Thanks Bob!)[Pay Attention Swappers, yeah YOU! Sitting in the back of class as usual!ED] with Wim Wenders
Well here's the master Lightning Hopkins playing a H162, it looks like the mahogany one to me and somewhat more than a 'junky guitar' as Ry referred to it.....I prefer the term 'poor man's Gibson'.;o)
Enjoy, this one's for you Bob


Also while we're about it, it occurred to me that I was asked by Doug about the Dylan Supper Club sets on which I made a mistake and got corrected on the day my daughter, Amy, got to see Bob Dylan for the first time at The Feis in Finsbury Park ["Cut the Finsbury's dear, cut the Finsbury's" Ian Dury ;o) ]


What goes around comes around.....especially Bob!
You know that expression that if you sit still long enough the entire world will drop by your door [well ok, I am paraphrasing but you get ma drift] if you stop still long enough Bob Dylan is bound to show up in your town sooner or later...[one of us must know? ED]

still touring around God's Golfball weeks after his 70th birthday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lightning!!! So baaad!!....
Thanks a lot!
(my blog is about "Paris Texas", we'll see later for "Buena Vista!....)

JohnnyC said...

Fine stuff on his Bobness! Had a quick browse round here..impressive stuff. I'll be back!!

All the best

John