portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Monday, July 29, 2013

New Boots for Lyle!

Lyle Lovett - Mashantucket CT 2013

Now I love me some Lyle Lovett and have never known him do any wrong,  . . . . musically speaking of course . . . . .  so the text here at Big O is fascinating in that it explores his lack of 'hits' and making it big. . . like his peers at the time Dwight Yoakam and kdlang. Well, for me he is right up there amongst the true stars and despite most folks having to reference his acting and his marriage to Julia Roberts, that has meant little to me as I adore his music from the first album on day one and have religiously bought everything since upon it's release and encourage you fellow planet dwelling music lovers to do the same. You won't regret it and he won't steer you wrong  . . . except maybe when it comes to wearing ten gallon hats!


That's this month people!?

If nothing else it made me wanna download it in order I find out where'n the heck is Mashantucket, CT when it's at home!?!?!?!!!!!! [so CT will be Connecticut and this is from the Foxwoods Theatre Mashantucket and that was named after a tribe of Pequot tribe so I figure that is just above New York to us limeys

Famous for his dry as Buzzard Gulch Arkansas sense of humour here's one liner

"Rosemary Clooney once came up to me in the lobby of the Four Seasons in San Francisco. This was back in the late eighties. She said, “I like your music.” Oh, man, that makes you feel good. It makes you want to try so much harder. It makes you want to never let Rosemary Clooney down. Ever. Makes you want to make sure that she’s right."

 Works fer me Lyle!

Happy Trails and Country Mewsic - this is a DOOZIE!

No comments: