portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Thursday, September 05, 2013

Bob Dylan News Update and the Americanarama Tour

Just that it struck me as truly EXTRAORDINARY this Never Ending Tour has turned into another jamboree band of gypsies style Rolling Thunder on The Mountain Review!
 I had thought it was going to be of 'Americana' but the permanent fixtures are WILCO and My Morning Jacket! Here in Memphis the set opener appears to be Richard Thompson, followed by My Morning Jacket who are joined by John Prine!!!!
 Now avid readers (there are none! Don't kid yourself. ED) will know my passion for all of these and I am reeling here trying to get my head around how this conceivably came to pass
Guests appear to pop up at will depending on where he is and who is invited I would guess but Richard Thompson has appeared more than once, presumably joining the tour if it coincides with where he just happens to be!? The poster gives the clue in that it seems Wilco and Morning Jacket are the fixtures and then others drop by presumably at the drop of a hat (hats are still big on this tour!) Now this video is not great quality but it shows what's going on a treat! Doesn't help me understand it any more but it does show something of the variety . . . . . . Note Bob has added Duquesne Whistle to the set here! A favourite from the last album and excuse to post the vid again . . . . . I LOVE IT!

Bob Dylan Americanarama tour 07 02 2013 Memphis by dylanjames67

  


Duquesne Whistle

Incidentally whilst we are on about all things Bobness the new Bootleg Series Vol 10 Another Self Portrait is worth getting.........the deluxe set has a remix of the Isle of Wight set with the Band and hasn't been off the turntable. Wonderful stuff! Not for everyone I guess the remastered Self Portrait is not to everyone's taste (I'd rather not have been Greil Marcus who's "What is this shit!" has gone down in time as the dumbest journalese and one he is likely to be remembered for!) but for me it's great to have it all like this . . . . . . .

No comments: