portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, November 11, 2016


LEONARD COHEN R.I.P. 1934 - 2016
Canadian singer Leonard Cohen has died on November 10, 2016 aged 82. Cohen’s label, Sony Music Canada, confirmed his death on the singer’s Facebook page. “It is with profound sorrow we report that legendary poet, songwriter and artist, Leonard Cohen has passed away,” the announcement said. “We have lost one of music’s most revered and prolific visionaries.” There were no details about the cause of Mr Cohen’s death. The BBC also reported that a memorial will take place in Los Angeles at a later date, the announcement said. The Montreal-born singer’s hits included Suzanne and I’m Your Man and he released his 14th album, You Want It Darker, in October 2016. In a recent interview with the New Yorker, Cohen spoke about the prospect of death with calmness and clarity: “I am ready to die. I hope it’s not too uncomfortable. That’s about it for me.”
The singer-songwriter later clarified that he was "exaggerating." "I've always been into self-dramatisation,"Cohen said last month. "I intend to live forever."



Leonard and Anjani





No comments: