portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, February 24, 2019

My song for a Sunday?

I saw 'La La Land' last night and hated it! It is rubbish! I really and I mean REALLY like Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling but this was weirdly so fake and awful I couldn't actually watch it . . . . if I had been at the cinema I would have walked out! I HATE musicals! That may have something to do with it and I know Hollywood and general folk LOVE their musicals. But I have hardly ever seen a good one! I guess I am spoilt but if you are going to do a musical my bench mark would be this!


My single of all time would Mr Ray Charles and the Blues Brothers listen careful to this. Ray is backed by the MG's noteworthy are Mr Steve Cropper but check out the bass playing on this and note who it is by.

 Ladies and Gentleman Mr Donald 'The Duck' Dunn!

Up there in my best songs of all time . . . . . it's rude and also features a list of great dances of all time!

No comments: