portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, April 06, 2019

Fascinating article about David Bowie today over at the extraordinary Aquarium Drunkard



It includes references to David playing 'Low' in its' entirety (nearly) as in here an extraordinary thing to try to pull off live. It is, as I have said, the cause of my beginning to listen to Bowie and,through Brian Eno's involvement, reassessing what I thought previously about the glam rock schtick which I didn't care for at the time but this made me sit up and take note and stands as my favourite Bowie album . . . . 


The Unofficial Bowie: The Later Years


This is Chris O’Leary’s third rare Bowie entry for Aquarium Drunkard. Based in Massachusetts, O’Leary is the author of Rebel Rebel: All the Songs of David Bowie: 1964-1976(Zero, 2015) and Ashes to Ashes: The Songs of David Bowie, 1976-2016 (Repeater, 2019). Both authoritative/essential reads.

No comments: