portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, June 09, 2019

LINDA RONSTADT

LIVE IN L.A. 1977

Lovely set from Big O this morning and it never ceases to amaze me the number of fine tapers there were. Legendary Mike Millard who was largely known for his staggering quality tapes of folk like Led Zeppelin in the mid-seventies comes this little gem. This whilst a noisy and enthusiastic audience might spoil it for many the taper here has the ability to balance somehow the music from the stage. I don't tend to collect audience boots or ROIOs anymore as I am so spoilt but for Mike I recommend making the exception. Give it a listen and see if you agree with me.
For me there is an additional interest in checking Linda's song choices here and the American Song Book aspect is classic, songs she was associated with of course like That'll Be The Day that she kind of made her own but check the track list and admire her choices. Such a great selection IMHO



No comments: