portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

SONG OF THE DAY

KATHRYN WILLIAMS

'Sorrow Flies'




From Clash Magazine and thanks to the peerless Emily Barker for reminding me how much I love Kathryn's work

Kathryn Williams has built a formidable catalogue.
The English songwriter has released 10 albums, with each project evolving into the next, her graceful voice arcing between.
New boxset 'Anthology' details her journey, a 20CD collection that matches spruced up versions of original material alongside paintings by the artist, lyrics, stories and unheard demoes from album sessions past.
It's a remarkable achievement, a sign of everything this often under-rated artist has achieved, and a potent display of songwriting ability.
We're able to share previously unreleased song 'Sorrow Flies', and the swirling strings recall Robert Kirby's work on Nick Drake's enchanting albums.
As ever Kathryn Williams' songwriting remains stubbornly rooted, with her lyrical flair moving from poetic insight to deliciously down to Earth detail.
A real treat for fans, you can tune in now.

Kathryn here . . . . .

Shop Kathryn

2 comments:

Richard43 said...

Hi Andy, I'm enjoying your blog and just wanted to find out if you are interested in my collection of Mojo magazines. The approx. 100 issues range from Dec. 1999 through July 2004. I'm moving and just do not want to drag them with me. Let me know. Thanks for your work. It stirs up many memories.
Richard

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks Richard. Interesting offer but think I have most of these anyway thanks all the same. I could ask around other folks if you want but what are you looking fir them? Open to offers? Let me know