portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, April 24, 2022

PULP:: Babies - HIS/HERS

 PULP

We have mentioned Pulp and Jarvis Cocker before and how the Sheffield born (?) Bookseller Sharon Murray turned me on to several bands I hadn't heard of when she came to Oxford. . . not least Pulp and 'His and Hers' became a constant feature on my Walkman whilst working in the book trade in Oxford I literally must have played nothing else for months (Sharon's recommendations also included the Irishman Neil Hannon and everything 'Divine Comedy' - so I bought everything then and since by him too!) I think I bought all the Pulp stuff but it still stands that His/Hers is my favourite album and is Cocker's writing at it's very peak IMHO











Video clips from Tribal Gathering



Two of the best pop songs ever written, Babies and Do You Remember The First Time

Thanks Sharon . . . . .wherever you are

No comments: