portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Saturday, June 17, 2023

David Crosby - 2015-06-17 - Charlottesville, VA (Webcast) :: So Many Roads

 DAVID CROSBY

I guess there is something almost painfully poignant about there being a late set from The Cros just stood and playing on his own towards the end of his life . . . . . . . this is a nice set and though like all those of us of a certain age now the voice is clearly shot and that time catches up with all of us. This is worth a listen though and no mistake . . . . . one last flutter of some old curmudgeon’s freak fly flapping 


David Crosby - Charlottesville 2015 - So Many Roads



Speedy rather emotionally and rightly so says:

"I saw David Crosby live 8 times - 6 with CSN, once with CSNY and most recently, a solo show in 2015 at the Morristown PAC. Crosby is just one of 2 artists (Bruce Springsteen is the other), that I have seen live in at least 5 different decades (1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and 2010s). 

This webcast recording captures Crosby in Virginia on June 17, 2015, 6 years ago today and exactly 2 days before I saw him solo in Morristown.  We lost David earlier this year - may he rest in peace."


I saw him once at Wembley back in 74’ (sic) and the CSNY band were great but Joni and others took my attention and frankly The Band blew everyone else out the park! 

Still it was nice to see ‘em

2 comments:

Dell said...

Thanks for sharing Croz - I'm looking for his last live gig at Red Rocks in September 2019 - if you come across it, do drop me a line..Thanks

Andy Swapp said...

Will do Dell. You could do worse than drop by the Floppy Boot Stomp blog and/or Voodoo Wagon and ask the guys there

I will keep an eye out meanwhile

Thanks as ever for dropping by