portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Friday, June 30, 2023

ROOTS MUSICS : an on going Series . . . . .

ELMORE JAMES : Dust My Broom (I Believe My Time Ain't Long)




























Love this so much and used to hear it all the time. Was one of those songs that EVERYONE played and it taught me chops on the guitar, roots of blues etc. For me Dust My Broom was there with Crossroads themed songs, and all other such blues standards, Meet Me In The Bottom, Sun is Gonna Shine in My Back Door Someday, My Baby Left Me, Woke Up This Morning schtick songs and introduced a million listeners to he joys of slide guitar and yet this song had something special about it too. Why are we dusting that broom? Why do we believe it so . . . . . .visit the always fascinating Mudcat Forum to maybe find out more they have a blues page too!





No comments: