portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, August 06, 2023

John Hiatt Demo Tapes 1975-1983 | Voodoo Wagon [a draftervoi special!]

John Hiatt Demo Tapes 1975-1983


John Hiatt

Wow early stuff! I think I came to Hiatt late on, through Nick Lowe and then Ry Cooder and others, his own band with Southern guitar legend Sonny Landreth in his band. I heard Memphis In The Meantime (still a favourite song!) and was struck! I guess this was late eighties early nineties. Then his songs began showing on other's albums by folk like Bonnie Raitt (Nick of Time) and I thought hang on a cotton picking minute! Check out 'Bring The Family’(87) and Stolen Moments (92?) and Little Village too. He has known terrible family tragedy and sobered up early on which I understand completely. Not everything always rang with me but when he collaborated and the guitarists he worked with and the songwriting, the SONGWRITING, I was soon a fan, this looks really interesting roots of his writing no less and in FLAC files too!

Well done drafter . . . . . this is lovely!

unreleased demos! 

00:00 / 04:39
The Truth About Money
1. The Truth About Money
2. Trudy and Dave
3. Where is the Next One Coming From
4. Kick Out of Nothing
5. She Don't Love Nobody
6. The Penny Dropped
7. Mercy Don't Know My Name
8. New Fingerprints
9. Tennessee Plates
10. Everybody's Girl
11. Confidence Man
12. Real Emotion
13. Right Now
14. Angel Eyes
15. Tip of my Tongue
16. Wild world
17. Lipstick Sunset
18. Falling Apart at the Dreams
19. Someplace Where Love Can't Find Me
20. Two Hearts Like Ours
21. Kick Out of Nothing 2 (solo)

© by John Hiatt 


John Hiatt - Nick Lowe - Paul Carrack - Rockpalast @ Markthalle Hamburg/Germany - November 12, 1983 - Love Like Blood (1983)
John Hiatt (voc, g)
Martin Belmont (g)
Paul Carrack (keyb, voc)
Nick Lowe (b, voc)
Bobby Irwin (dr)

John Hiatt - News, Photos, Videos, and Movies or Albums | Yahoo

Biog here . . . . .

No comments: