portrait of this blog's author - by Stephen Blackman 2008

Sunday, September 03, 2023

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - House Of Blues, Boston 2016 |FLOPPY BOOT STOMP | SILENT WAY

 and still more from HQ but this from Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit whilst I don’t normally post single unchaptered files this is frankly staggering quality so go chapter it yourselves if you want . . . . I know I will!

this is definitely my choice of the week in terms of gigs and hasn’t been off the playlist since. Will enchapter it later (it’s a word!) cos I’m like that!

I came across Jason through his contact and work with John Prine but boy what a band the 400 Unit are!

Superb. The very best of Americana!


Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
House Of Blues
Boston, MA., 2016
WBGH-FM Source @320
 

2 Unchaptered files 52:27 - 53.20 
 

Set List:
00:25 Palmetto Rose
05:17 24 Frames
08:52 Flying Over Water
13:28 Stockholm
16:54 Dress Blues
23:23 Decoration Day (Drive-By Truckers)
31:18 Flagship
37:08 Alabama Pines (Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit)
42:55 The Life You Chose
46:54 Traveling Alone
52:25 Something More Than Free
57:50 Never Gonna Change (Drive-By Truckers)
1:06:45 Cover Me Up
1:14:27 If It Takes A Lifetime
1:18:28 Super 8
1:23:49 Children Of Children (Encore)
1:32:50 Speed Trap Town
1:37:45 Codeine (Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit)


Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit:
Jason Isbell – Lead Vocals, Guitar
Amanda Shires – Fiddle
Derry deBorja - Keyboards, Accordion
Sadler Vaden – Electric Guitar
Jimbo Hart – Bass
Chad Gamble – Drums


With Amanda Shires covering John Prine’s 'Clocks and Spoons





4 comments:

SEALY said...

Whoa...what's happened???
Big O gone???

Andy Swapp said...

Yup sad day. The guys there had reached the end I’m afraid
I had quite the correspondence with Steve there in Singapore and he was unerringly kind patient and supportive of me. I had responses from most of the three main guys there over the years but I understand they had been doing it for a LONG time! I loved their newsletter too which had the quiz and latest news but boy it most have seemed like a lot of effort for precious little return

SEALY said...

Blimey though..They was yer main men for years Andy.
Your tribute is a good one.Hope they have a good retirement

Andy Swapp said...

Thanks Dave. I don’t know that I would say that but I sourced their stuff and visited daily but do that with a plethora of places it is just they were so prolific in their variety of postings and the newsletter and articles. Had to drop by on a daily basis to check what was happenin’!
Thanks as ever for dropping by here Sealyman!