Great clip of Ian Dury from the BBC archive
1979: Ian Dury on making music to dance to
“I really only like working in 4/4 rhythm ‘coz it’s simple… it’s a natural rhythm, it’s heartbeat or whatever, and it’s a dancing rhythm.”
Musician Ian Dury discusses how his writing style centres around simple beats that will make people want to dance.
Clip taken from Nationwide, originally broadcast on BBC One, 10 August 1979.
N.B. we were mentioning Ian's ‘minder’Spider Rowe (as he had been mentioned in England’s Glory) and he features in this lovely clip . . . .
Heck I miss ‘im!
2 comments:
Great interview Andy. I miss him too. Bless him!. Cheers DD
Isn’t this one a treat! After the ‘Spider' Rowe story to learn he developed an ability to ‘dive' as he regularly fell over up to 15 times a day is just incredible and folks don’t always realise!
Post a Comment