The Steve Miller Band with Paul Butterfield - Fillmore West, San Francisco, CA, 12-29-1968
The problem I just mentioned is that the vocals were very low in the mix. Nowdays, that's usually an easy fix, thanks to programs like MVSEP. So I boosted the vocals volume relative to the instruments on all songs.
This concert took place at a time when the Steve Miller Band lost band member Boz Scaggs, so they were reduced to a trio for a while. But this was somewhat compensated by the fact that Paul Butterfield guested on harmonica for three songs.
This also was a time when the Steve Miller Band was much more into the blues than the later, much more famous, 1970s version of that band. Nearly all the songs are quite bluesy, with a mix of originals and covers.
This album is 58 minutes long.
01 Stepping Stone
02 Mercury Blues
03 Blues with a Feeling (Steve Miller Band with Paul Butterfield)
04 Butterfield Blues [Instrumental] (Steve Miller Band with Paul Butterfield)
05 Song for Our Ancestors [Instrumental] (Steve Miller Band with Paul Butterfield)
06 Roll with It [Instrumental]
07 Your Old Lady
08 Drivin' Wheel
09 Bad Little Woman
(all tracks Steve Miller Band unless indicated otherwise)
Now it may be worth mentioning as I haven’t posted much Steve Miller but I always look for his doing Song for Our Ancestors live. It is a track/composition that means a lot to me in that I once went on an early ‘journey’ to which this was part of the soundtrack and it is written indelibly in my soul, so to find it here was a treat and I had to go for it!

No comments:
Post a Comment