I Can See You - by Paddy Summerfield c. 1986

Thursday, September 10, 2026

Robyn Hitchcock (featuring Emma Swift) - Live from Tubby's House, Nashville, TN, 24 - 8 -2026 | Albums That Should Exist

 Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift - Live from Tubby's House, Nashville, TN, 8-24-2026

Paul says: Ever since at least the Covid pandemic beginning in 2020, Robyn Hitchcock has performed a lot of home concerts. Generally speaking, I haven't posted them because they were behind paywalls, and artists like him need ways to make a living. But about two weeks ago as I write this in early September 2026, Hitchcock posted a home concert on YouTube that's available for anyone. I've converted it from video to audio and chopped it up into mp3s, so you can enjoy it as an audio bootleg. 

In July 2026, Hitchcock released an excellent new studio album, "The Confuser." It's his best in years, in my opinion. Yet, in typical contrarian fashion, he barely promoted it at all in this concert. He only played one song from hit, "My Dead Astronaut." Instead, this was a requests show, and he and his partner Emma Swift were looking at Internet requests as they came in live and performing some of them. So he tended to do lesser known songs.

Speaking of Swift, she is an excellent singer herself. She sang harmonies on a good number of the songs. She also bantered back and forth with Hitchcock between most of the songs, but I didn't carefully listen to the talking tracks to see which ones involved her or didn't. 
 
Hitchcock and Swift did another one of these concerts for YouTube on September 2, 2026, and I have plans to process and post that one as well. 

This album is an hour and 31 minutes long.

01 talk 
02 My Dead Astronaut
03 talk 
04 You and Oblivion 
05 talk 
06 The Leopard
07 talk (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
08 [A Man's Gotta Know His Limitations] Briggs (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
09 talk 
10 I Often Dream of Trains 
11 Raymond Chandler Evening 
12 talk 
13 Autumn Is Your Last Chance 
14 talk 
15 Mexican God 
16 talk 
17 Cynthia Mask 
18 talk 
19 Winchester 
20 talk (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
21 So You Think You're in Love (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
22 talk (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
23 Rock 'n' Roll Toilet (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
24 talk (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
25 Oceanside (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
26 talk 
27 Glass Hotel 
28 talk
29 Opel 
30 talk (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
31 One Long Pair of Eyes (Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift)
32 talk 

(all tracks Robyn Hitchcock except where noted) 

No comments: